Welcome to RPIrates: The RPI R Users Group! We are a growing community --- over 300 subscribers! --- of students, faculty and staff at Rensselaer who gather virtually and in person to support each others' use of the R open source analytics platform. In semi-weekly meetings we explain useful packages, share "feats of strength," and of course "air grievances!"
During the Fall and Spring semester we have monthly in-person RPIrates meetings, usually the first Weds (evening) of the month in AE217. We also have an RPIrates email list through which we share information and ask questions: email@example.com
Fall 2018 Schedule: We will be holding weekly RPIrates meetings starting Weds, 05 Sep 2018. These meetings are open to anyone interested, but some will focus on specific packages and techniques of interest to this term's Data Analytics Research Lab course.
|16 Jan||6p/AE217||Project Management with R Studio|
|13 Feb||6p/AE217||Topic TBD|
|13 Mar||6p/AE217||Topic TBD|
|10 Apr||6p/AE217||Topic TBD|
|01 May||6p/AE217||Topic TBD|
Upcoming RPI R Bootcamps! Approximately twice/year IDEA hosts an R Bootcamp. These are two- or three-day, day-long, intensive,interactive deep-dives in the R language and platform, structured to accommodate the needs of the RPI research community.
|Aug 2019||TBD||IDEA, Lally School|
Helpful R Resources
- R for Data Science (Hadley Wickham, Garrett Grolemund)
- The guide to the tidyverse
- The recommended text for IDEA's INCITE courses!
- R Cheatsheets (from R Studio): https://www.rstudio.com/resources/cheatsheets/
- R Studio Online Learning Resources: https://www.rstudio.com/online-learning/
- DataCamp Online Courses: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/free-introduction-to-r
- RPI R Bootcamp (github): https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/r-bootcamp-2018-rpi